Education Outside the Classroom
EDUCATION OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOMAL TRIPS (EOTC):
We pride ourselves on offering additional opportunities for our children. If your child is involved in a trip, an information letter will be provided by the school, or class, containing all the relevant information. When your child starts at the school you are asked to give a permission slip for trips within walking distance of the school.
We believe that taking learning out of the classroom helps students to make connections between what they are learning and their lives. We explore our local environment through projects such as:
· Working with other schools to plant out sections of Donald Creek
· Identify epiphytes in Barr-Brown Reserve, for South Wairarapa District Council
· Become kaitiaki of local streams and Lake Wairarapa through work with the Greater Wellington Regional Council
· Continue to develop our school seed raising shed, orchard and vegetable gardens.
· School camps for years 7 & 8, alternating a beach and bush focus